Slow-Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken, 4 Ways
This dish is finger-licking good! With tender and juicy chicken that falls apart with a fork, you won't be able to resist this flavorful pulled chicken. The perfect addition to any barbecue or potluck.
for 6 servings
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 burger buns
- 1 ½ cups ketchup (340 g)
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar (175 mL)
- ½ cup dark brown sugar (110 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup mayonnaise (175 g)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 cups green cabbage (200 g)
- 2 cups red cabbage (200 g)
- 1 cup shredded carrot (110 g)
- Calories 807
- Fat 30g
- Carbs 88g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 34g
- Protein 44g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover the chicken with ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well.
- Cover, and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Add both kinds of cabbage and carrots to the bowl and gently toss with the dressing.
- Shred the chicken breasts with 2 forks in the slow cooker.
- Serve on a burger bun with slaw.
- Also great for BBQ Pulled Chicken Pizza, BBQ Pulled Chicken Nachos, and BBQ Pulled Chicken Mac ’n’ cheese.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.