Slow Cooker Steak and Veggies
This hearty dish is a real game-changer. With juicy steak, colorful veggies, and a savory sauce that's been simmering all day, this meal is a true comfort classic. Let your slow cooker do the work while you sit back, relax, and let your taste buds take a ride on the flavor train.
for 8 servings
- 2 lb lean top sirloin steak (905 g)
- 1 large white onion, quartered
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce (120 mL)
- ¼ cup sesame oil (60 mL)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb brussels sprouts (455 g), hulled and halved
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 cups brown rice (450 g), cooked
- Calories 561
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 57g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 30g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Slice the top sirloin steaks into half-inch (1 ¼ cm) thick strips.
- Place soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, onion and meat in a large slow cooker and mix thoroughly.
- Place the lid on top.
- Set the slow cooker on the low setting for 3 hours.
- Remove the onions from the slow cooker.
- Pour in the Brussels sprouts, bell pepper, and carrots. Mix thoroughly.
- Cook on low for 1 more hour.
- Serve with a portion of brown rice.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.