84% would make again
Smoked Salmon Fillet
featured in Unexpected Cooking Techniques
for 1 serving
- 1 cup hickory wood chip (90 g)
- 2 cups water (480 mL)
- 8 oz salmon fillet (225 g)
- old bay seasoning, to taste
- Calories 465
- Fat 29g
- Carbs 0g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 44g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, soak the wood chips in the water for 2-3 hours.
- Drain the chips and transfer to a medium cast iron pan.
- Place a piece of parchment paper over the wood chips.
- Season the salmon with Old Bay Seasoning.
- Place the salmon on top of the parchment paper and cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, until an instant read thermometer inserted in the center of the fish reads 145˚F (63˚C).