79% would make again
featured in Recipes For When You Wake Up Feeling Fancy
If you’re not you when you’re hungry or under-caffeinated, this latte is sure to satisfy! Toppings like caramel and chocolate syrups, whipped cream, and crushed peanuts and nougat take this drink to a whole new level.
for 1 serving
- 1 cup skim milk (240 mL)
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (120 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup whole milk (240 mL), frothed
- 4 oz brewed espresso (115 mL)
- whipped cream, for topping
- caramel syrup, for topping
- chocolate syrup, for topping
- crushed peanut, for topping
- crushed nougat, for topping
- milk frother
- espresso machine
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the skim milk, sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla. Bring to a low simmer, whisking constantly, until the sugar has dissolved and the syrup is smooth and thick, 3–5 minutes. Add the salt, then remove the pot from the heat and let the syrup cool for 10–15 minutes, until thickened slightly. Leftover syrup will keep in an airtight container the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- Drizzle the peanut butter syrup around the inside rim of a large mug. Add the espresso and frothed whole milk. Top with whipped cream, caramel syrup, chocolate syrup, crushed peanuts, and crushed nougat.
- Serve immediately.