Soft Pretzels With Spicy Fondue
This fondue is cheesy, savory, and spicy thanks to Frank's® RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce. Pair with easy homemade soft pretzels for the perfect snack!
May 23, 2023
for 8 pretzels
- 6 cups water (1.4 L)
- ⅓ cup baking soda (40 g)
- 1 lb pizza dough (425 g)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- coarse salt, for sprinkling
- ¼ cup salted butter (30 g), melted
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese (100 g)
- ½ cup shredded gouda cheese (25 g)
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (25 g)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ⅓ cup white wine (80 mL)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ¼ cup Frank's® RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce (60 g)
- water, as needed
- kosher salt, to taste
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium pot, combine the water and baking soda and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cut the pizza dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into 2–2½-foot-long, ½-inch-wide rope. Bring the ends of the rope towards you to create a horseshoe shape. Twist the ends twice around each other, then fold over to seal at the top of the horseshoe. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Add the pretzels, 2–3 at a time, to the boiling water and cook for 1 minute, or until they float to the surface. Remove from the water and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water. Brush the egg wash over the pretzels and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake the pretzels for 10–15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the spicy fondue: In a medium bowl, toss the cheddar, Gouda, and mozzarella cheeses with the cornstarch until evenly coated.
- In a small pot over medium heat, combine the white wine and garlic and bring to a simmer, then cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cheese and Frank’s RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce to the pot with the wine and whisk until smooth, adding a splash or two of water to loosen if necessary. Season with salt, then cover to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Remove the pretzels from the oven and toss or brush with melted butter, then season with more coarse salt, if desired.
- Serve the pretzels with the spicy fondue for dipping.