87% would make again
Sour Cream And Onion Mozzarella Sticks
featured in 6 Mozzarella Stick Recipes
for 6 sticks
- 3 cups sour cream and onion-flavoured crisps (100 g), crushed
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 teaspoons dried chive, plus more for serving
- 2 eggs
- 6 sticks string cheese
- oil, for frying
- Calories 275
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 20g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Crush the crisps in a zip top bag with a rolling pin, or just blend them for a few seconds in a food processor. Add to a small bowl and set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine flour, paprika, onion salt, and chives.
- In one more separate bowl, beat 2 eggs.
- Coat the string cheese in flour first, then egg, then crisps. Then go back into the egg, and again in the crisps for an extra crispy breading.
- Heat a skillet with a bit of oil in the bottom and cook mozzarella sticks for 3 to 5 minutes, turning occasionally to brown all sides.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and with more dried chives, and serve with sour cream dip!