Sour Cream And Onion Potato Chip Frittata
This frittata is the ultimate brunch dish that's as indulgent as it is easy to make! Fluffy eggs and creamy potatoes are the perfect brunch pairing to wow any friends and family.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 3 potatoes, sliced into ⅛-inch-thick rounds
- 8 large eggs
- ⅓ cup heavy cream (80 mL)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 cups thick-cut sour cream and onion or plain potato chips (105 g)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, plus more for garish
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Calories 289
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 20g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a simmer and season well with salt. Add the sliced potatoes and cook for 3–4 minutes, until tender and starting to turn translucent, but still slightly raw. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper until homogeneous.
- Melt the butter in an 8-inch skillet over medium heat until bubbling, then remove the pan from the heat. Add half of the potatoes, about 1 cup of potato chips, and half of the scallions, chives, and dill. Pour half of the egg mixture over the top. Add the remaining potatoes, another cup of potato chips, and the remaining scallions, chives, and dill. Pour the remaining egg mixture over everything. Dollop the sour cream over the frittata and top with the remaining cup of potato chips.
- Bake for 22–25 minutes, until the frittata is puffed and set in the center.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.