94% would make again
Southwestern Baked Potato
featured in Loaded Baked Potatoes 4 Ways
June 10, 2019
for 3 servings
- 3 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ lb ground beef (225 g)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup diced tomatoes (100 g)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
- guacamole, for serving
- Calories 773
- Fat 39g
- Carbs 62g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 42g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Carefully pierce the potatoes all over with a fork. On a baking sheet, rub the potatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with the salt.
- Bake the potatoes for about 1 hour, until tender (If making more potatoes, add an additional 15 minutes of cook time per potato.) Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Add the taco seasoning, black beans, and tomatoes and stir to incorporate. Cook until the beans are warmed through, another 2–3 minutes. If desired, drain off any excess liquid.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half vertically and scoop the potato flesh from each half into a large bowl, leaving a ¼-inch-thick wall of flesh in each potato shell. Arrange the shells, cut side up, on the baking sheet.
- Add the ground beef mixture and cheddar cheese to the bowl with the potato flesh. Mix well.
- Scoop the potato and beef mixture into the potato shells and top with more cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with guacamole.