Spaghetti Squash “Pasta” Meal Prep 2 Ways
This meal prep recipe features spaghetti squash as a healthier alternative to traditional pasta. With two different sauce options, it's perfect for weekly meal prep.
May 14, 2023
95% would make again
for 4 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash
- olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 cups asparagus (500 g)
- 2 cups cherry tomato (400 g)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup pesto (60 g)
- ½ cup marinara sauce (130 g), divided
- 2 oz mozzarella cheese (55 g), sliced and divided
- fresh basil, chopped to serve
- Calories 451
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 24g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 46g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Using a fork or sharp knife, carefully poke holes down one side of spaghetti squash.
- Microwave the spaghetti squash for 5 minutes to soften. Let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds using a spoon.
- Place spaghetti squash on a baking pan face up. Coat the inside of the squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Flip the squash over so that the rims are face-down on the pan.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until squash reaches desired tenderness.
- While the squash is in the oven, prepare a second baking sheet with asparagus, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and basil. Combine until vegetables are evenly coated with seasoning.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until vegetables have reached desired tenderness.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken, stirring occasionally, until sides become browned and the center is no longer pink. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once spaghetti squash has cooled down enough to handle, use a fork to shred apart the squash into noodles. Distribute evenly into four glass containers.
- Add 2 tablespoons of pesto to two of the containers.
- Add ¼ cup (65g) of marinara to the other two containers. Top with mozzarella.
- Distribute cooked vegetables and chicken evenly between all four containers.
- Seal containers with secure lids and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- When ready to serve, reheat and stir everything together to distribute sauce.
- Garnish with basil, and enjoy!
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.