Speculoos Cookie Butter-Stuffed Snickerdoodles
Experience the delightful fusion of Speculoos cookie butter and classic snickerdoodles in this scrumptious dessert. These soft, chewy cookies are packed with a sweet, spiced surprise that'll leave you craving more!
for 12 servings
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk (75 g)
- 8 oz speculoos cookie (225 g)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour (190 g)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Calories 300
- Fat 17g
- Carbs 33g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the cookie butter: In a food processor, combine the butter, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and cookies. Process until the cookies break down and the mixture is the texture of peanut butter.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or your hands, scoop 12 ½-inch (1 ¼ cm) balls of the cookie butter onto the prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Make the cookie dough: In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and whisk to incorporate.
- Sift in the flour, cinnamon, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Fold with a rubber spatula to combine.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Make the cinnamon sugar: In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Roll the cookie dough into 24 ½-inch (1 ¼ cm) balls.
- Flatten a dough ball in your hand and add a cookie butter ball to the center. Top with another flattened ball of cookie dough and pinch the edges of the dough together. Roll into a ball to completely encase the cookie butter. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Roll the cookie dough balls in the cinnamon sugar to coat.
- Place the cookie balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing about 3 inches (7 ½ cm) apart – there should be 6 per baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, until the edges are light golden brown.
- Let cool, then serve.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here