91% would make again
Speculoos Cookies & Homemade Cookie Butter
featured in 7 Recipes Perfect For Oktoberfest
for 20 cookies
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground anise
- 1 ½ cups flour (185 g)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ½ teaspoons spice blend
- ½ cup butter (115 g)
- ½ cup dark brown sugar (110 g)
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 1 egg
- 20 cookies, crushed
- ⅛ cup evaporated milk (30 mL)
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk (75 g)
- ¼ cup butter (55 g)
- Calories 226
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 27g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- To make the splice blend, combine spices in a small bowl and mix until evenly distributed.
- To make the cookies, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and spice blend in a large mixing bowl,. Mix until blended.
- In a new large bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix in the egg.
- Add the flour mixture and combine until well mixed and dough forms.
- Remove dough from bowl and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2-6 hours.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a ⅛- to ¼-inch (3mm - 6mm) thickness.
- Cut the dough into desired cookie shape.
- Optional: use speculoos style cookie molds to shape cookies.
- Place cookies on parchment covered baking tray and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 12-14 minutes.
- To make the cookie butter, combine cookies, condensed milk, evaporated milk, and butter in a food processor.
- Blend until peanut butter texture forms.