92% would make again
Speculoos Cookies & Homemade Cookie Butter
featured in 7 Recipes Perfect For Oktoberfest
Sometimes homemade is better! The spiced cookie flavor is perfect for fall, and it's great on toast, pancakes, or even as an ice cream topping.
May 05, 2023
for 20 cookies
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground anise
- 1 ½ cups flour (185 g)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ½ teaspoons spice blend
- ½ cup butter (115 g)
- ½ cup dark brown sugar (110 g)
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 1 egg
- 20 cookies, crushed
- ⅛ cup evaporated milk (30 mL)
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk (75 g)
- ¼ cup butter (55 g)
- Calories 226
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 27g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- To make the splice blend, combine spices in a small bowl and mix until evenly distributed.
- To make the cookies, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and spice blend in a large mixing bowl,. Mix until blended.
- In a new large bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix in the egg.
- Add the flour mixture and combine until well mixed and dough forms.
- Remove dough from bowl and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2-6 hours.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a ⅛- to ¼-inch (3mm - 6mm) thickness.
- Cut the dough into desired cookie shape.
- Optional: use speculoos style cookie molds to shape cookies.
- Place cookies on parchment covered baking tray and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 12-14 minutes.
- To make the cookie butter, combine cookies, condensed milk, evaporated milk, and butter in a food processor.
- Blend until peanut butter texture forms.