90% would make again
Spiced Chocolate Cheesecake Jars
featured in Cheesecake 101
June 04, 2021
for 6 servings
- 1 box gingersnap cookies
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (65 g)
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter (115 g), melted
- 24 oz cream cheese (680 g), room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream (240 mL)
- ¼ cup molasses (60 mL)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar (275 g)
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 bags Godiva® Masterpieces Dark Chocolate Ganache Hearts, chopped
- ¾ cup heavy cream (180 mL), cold
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag Godiva® Masterpieces Dark Chocolate Ganache Hearts, divided
- ground cinnamon, for sprinking
- 6 glass jars
- Make the crust: Add the gingersnaps, brown sugar, cocoa powder, and salt to a food processor and process into fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and process for 1 minute, or until the crumbs are moistened. Set aside.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, whip the cream cheese with an electric hand mixer on medium-low speed until softened, 2 minutes. Add the heavy cream, molasses, and vanilla, and mix until smooth and fully combined, 30 seconds.
- Sift in one-third of the cocoa powder and powdered sugar at a time, mixing between each addition until incorporated, 3 minutes total.
- Add the cinnamon, apple pie spice, nutmeg, and salt, and whip until smooth, 30 seconds.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the chopped Godiva® Masterpieces Dark Chocolate Ganache Hearts.
- Assemble the jars: Scoop 2½–3 tablespoons of the crust mixture into the bottom of each jar, pressing down to compact. Top with about 1 inch of filling. Repeat to make another layer of crust and filling.
- Freeze the jars for 45–60 minutes, or until the filling and crust are set.
- Meanwhile, make the whipped cream: In a medium bowl, combine the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Use an electric hand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment to whip on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, 3 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove the jars from the freezer and top with a dollop of whipped cream, 2 whole Godiva® Masterpieces Dark Chocolate Ganache Hearts, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Serve immediately or keep the jars in the refrigerator for up to 30 minutes, until ready to serve.