97% would make again
Spiced Chorizo And Tomato Shakshuka
featured in Chorizo Recipes
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup chorizo (100 g), chopped into 1/4 in pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- red bell pepper, chopped into 1/2 in (1 1/4 cm) pieces
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 5 lb tomato (2.4 g), chopped
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup feta cheese (50 g), crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (15 g)
- Calories 511
- Fat 31g
- Carbs 32g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 27g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add chorizo, onion, garlic, and red bell pepper, cooking for 2–-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add paprika, ground cumin, pepper, and salt. Stir to combine, cooking for 6–-8 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Pour tinned tomatoes into the skillet, reduce heat, and let simmer for 20–-25 minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Using the back of a spoon, make 4 wells in the tomato sauce. Crack an egg into each well.
- Cover the skillet with a lid, and cook for 6–-8 minutes, or until eggs are cooked.
- Top with crumbled feta and chopped parsley.