Under 30 minutes
for 1 serving
Overnight Spiced Vodka
- 2 cups vodka (240 mL)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 whole star anise
- 5 whole cloves
- 10 dried cranberries, divided
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- ½ oz lime juice (15 mL)
- 1 ½ oz cranberry juice (45 mL)
- 2 ½ oz ginger beer (75 mL), or as needed
- 1 lime wedge, for garnish
- Calories 1219
- Fat 1g
- Carbs 35g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 17g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Make the overnight spiced vodka: In a glass jar, combine the vodka, cinnamon stick, star anise pod, and cloves. Seal the jar tightly and give it a quick shake, then let infuse at room temperature for at least 24 hours, or up to 3 months. Strain out the whole spices before using.
- Make the cocktail: Add 5 cranberries and the mint to a cocktail shaker and muddle for 30 seconds. Add 1½ ounces of the spiced vodka, the lime juice, cranberry juice, and ice to fill the shaker. Shake vigorously for 1 minute, or until very cold.
- Add a handful of fresh ice to a copper mug, then strain the cocktail into the mug. Fill the rest of the way with ginger beer. Float the remaining 5 cranberries on top and garnish with lime wedge.
- Serve immediately.