Spiced Wine Fire Punch
featured in Essentials For Your Holiday Menu
This content is intended solely for users of legal drinking age. Drink responsibly.
March 01, 2022
85% would make again
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 7 servings
- 1 cup orange juice (240 mL), or 2 oranges, freshly juiced
- 2 apples
- 1 cup hard cider (240 mL)
- 4 cups red wine (960 mL)
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 8 sticks cinnamon
- sugar cube
- rum, as needed. 151 Bacardi rum (recommended)
- sugar, to taste
- Calories 168
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 30g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Cut oranges in half and juice.
- Pour red wine in a large pot. Add the orange juice through a sieve to get rid of pulp.
- Add cider, cloves and half the cinnamon sticks and bring to a simmer, but do not boil.
- Cut apple in ⅓ - ½ inch (1 cm) slices, leaving the peel on and the star in the middle intact. Put the center slices with a star aside and add the rest of the ends to the punch.
- To serve, pour punch in a heat resistant glass.
- Take the center slices with the inner star shape and clean the holes of the seeds and tough lining, making sure to keep the star shape intact.
- Carefully place the apple slice on the punch, so it floats on top.
- Pour a little bit of the rum in a glass, heat-safe dish. Have another glass nearby to hold the spoon you will use to move the sugar to the apple.
- Soak sugar cube in rum and place it over the star in the glass.
- Carefully, with a lighter, set sugar cube on fire until you see the sugar bubbling and a blue flame.
- If necessary, carefully add small amounts of rum on the sugar cube with a spoon to keep it burning until the sugar is melted.
- Stir with a cinnamon stick and enjoy immediately while it is still hot. If not sweet enough, repeat sugar cube flaming step or add more sugar to the hot drink.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here