98% would make again
Spicy Beef Totchos
These Spicy Beef Totchos are a fun and flavorful twist on traditional nachos. The tater tots provide the perfect base for the spiced beef and creamy cheese layer, while the hot sauce adds a pop of heat.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- 2 lb frozen tater tots (910 g)
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 1 ½ tablespoons Frank’s Red Hot Original
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups shredded mexican cheese blend (400 g)
- red onion, diced
- fresh scallion, sliced
- diced tomato
- sour cream
- Calories 610
- Fat 39g
- Carbs 32g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 31g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (220°C).
- Spread tater tots out on a sheet tray. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef, Frank’s Red Hot Original, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, and salt. Gradually break up beef with a spatula and sauté until beef is fully cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place an even layer of tater tots in an 8-inch oven-safe skillet. Top with half of the beef. Sprinkle a layer of cheese. Repeat layering of tater tots, beef, and cheese.
- Lower oven temperature to 375ºF (160°C). Place skillet in oven and bake for 5–7 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with red onion, scallions, and tomatoes. Add a dollop of sour cream and guacamole to the center of the skillet. Serve immediately.