Spicy Chocolate-Covered Pretzel Rods
Milk chocolate is melted with coconut oil (the coconut oil helps the chocolate harden at room temperature) and spices. Snyder’s of Hanover® Pretzel Rods are dipped in the spicy chocolate and then drizzled with dark chocolate to create a design. Finally, they are dusted with more cayenne and cinnamon for an added jolt of spice.
December 06, 2022
for 36 rods
- 11.5 oz milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, plus 1/2 teaspoon, divided
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 12 oz Snyder’s of Hanover® Pretzel Rods (345 g)
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chip (45 g)
- Calories 91
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 14g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Microwave in 45-second intervals, stirring between, until melted and smooth. Stir in the cayenne, cinnamon, and cloves. Pour the melted chocolate into a tall, narrow container, such as a pint glass, for easier dipping.
- Dip each Snyder’s Pretzel Rod in the melted milk chocolate to coat three-quarters of the way, allowing any excess to drip off, then place on the prepared baking sheet. Chill in the refrigerator for 15–20 minutes, until the chocolate sets.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, combine the dark chocolate chips and remaining ½ teaspoon of coconut oil. Microwave in 45-seconds intervals, stirring between, until melted and smooth. Pour the chocolate into a zip-top bag and use scissors to snip off a corner of the bag.
- Remove the chocolate-covered pretzels from the refrigerator and drizzle the melted dark chocolate over the rods. While the chocolate drizzle is still wet, dust the pretzel rods with more cinnamon and cayenne. Refrigerate for another 5 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Store the pretzel rods in a zip-top bag in the refrigerator until ready to serve.