96% would make again
Spicy Corn Dip
June 02, 2021
for 10 servings
- 5 ears corn, shucked
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, white and light green parts separated from dark green parts
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 bottle Frank’s® Buffalo Ranch Thick Sauce, divided
- 1 can green chile, diced
- 8 oz shredded pepper jack cheese (225 g)
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese (225 g), divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® chili powder
- tortilla chip, for serving
- Calories 311
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 24g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat a large heavy-bottomed pan over high heat.
- Brush the corn with canola oil and cook in the pan, turning frequently with tongs, until lightly charred on all sides, 10–15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to cool, then cut the corn kernels off the cobs.
- While the corn cooks, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large, oven-proof pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the red onion, bell pepper, poblano, and the white and light green scallions. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are beginning to soften, 4–5 minutes. Add the garlic and continue cooking until fragrant, 2–3 minutes more.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the corn kernels, ½ cup Frank’s® Buffalo Ranch Thick Sauce, the green chiles, pepper Jack cheese, and half of the mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine, then spread in an even layer. Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and the chili powder.
- Bake until the cheese is golden brown and the dip is bubbling, 20–25 minutes.
- Drizzle the remaining Frank’s® Buffalo Ranch Thick Sauce on top and garnish with the dark green scallions. Serve with tortilla chips.