97% would make again
Spicy Korean BBQ-style Pork
featured in 5 Globally Inspired Spicy Dishes
This tender and juicy Korean BBQ-style pork is packed with spicy and savory flavors, making it the perfect main dish for any weeknight dinner or special occasion.
May 15, 2023
for 4 servings
- 1 ½ lb boneless pork shoulder (680 g), or pork belly, chilled or frozen for easier slicing
- ½ onion, sliced into thin strips
- 3 stalks green onion, sliced into 2-inch (5 cm) pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- ¼ cup korean red chili paste (55 g), gochujang
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup soy sauce (60 mL)
- 3 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- sesame seed, to garnish
- rice, to serve
- Calories 466
- Fat 30g
- Carbs 18g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 28g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Slice the pork into extremely thin slices, then transfer to a large bowl. This works best when the pork is super cold or partially frozen.
- Add in all of the ingredients besides the canola oil, then mix until the pork and the vegetables are evenly coated with the marinade.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat, add pork, being sure not to crowd the pan, stir-fry the pork in batches until slightly crispy on the edges, about 3-4 minutes. If you’re using pork belly, cook for a bit longer, around 6-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle a bit of sesame seeds on top, then serve with rice!