Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
Spicy Mac ‘N’ Cheese
- 8 cups water (1.9 L)
- 1 box Kraft® Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese
- ½ cup Kraft® Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese (55 g)
- 1 serrano pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely diced
- 4 strips Oscar Mayer® Bacon, cooked and chopped
Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs (75 g)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika, or cayenne pepper
- Cholula® Hot Sauce
- ½ serrano pepper, thinly sliced on the bias
- Calories 504
- Fat 26g
- Carbs 41g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 24g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the spicy mac ‘n’ cheese: Bring 8 (1.9 liters) cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the macaroni and cook for 11–12 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the macaroni (do not rinse), then return to the pan. Squeeze the cheese sauce over the hot macaroni and add the Kraft® Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese, serrano pepper, and Oscar Mayer® Bacon. Stir until the cheese is melted and well incorporated. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Make the seasoned bread crumbs: Melt butter in a small nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs, salt, garlic powder, and paprika to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until the bread crumbs are browned and toasted, 3–4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top of the mac ‘n’ cheese, then drizzle with the Cholula® Hot Sauce and garnish with the sliced serrano.