89% would make again
Spicy Mango Chicken Wings
featured in 6 Hot & Spicy Recipes
Upgrade your next game day with this tangy, spicy chicken wings recipe. After coating the wings with flour and roasting them, cover them with a beautiful, bright orange blend of mango (or pineapple), habanero peppers, spices, lime juice, and honey before throwing them into the oven one more time to get them crispy and caramelized. The result is a hot, sweet flavor that’ll make your wings stand out from the rest.
for 2 servings
- ½ cup flour (60 g)
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 lb chicken wing (455 g)
- 1 mango
- 3 habanero peppers, optional, seeded or unseeded
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (60 mL)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup honey (85 g)
- Calories 856
- Fat 35g
- Carbs 100g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 67g
- Protein 40g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, chili powder, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- Pat the chicken wings dry using a paper towel.
- Batter them in the flour mixture and place chicken wings on a wired baking sheet.
- Bake at 425ºF (220ºC) for 45 minutes, flipping halfway for even cooking.
- In a food processor or blender, mix together the mango, habanero peppers, garlic, paprika, apple cider vinegar, and lime juice. Blend until fully combined. The mixture should be a bright orange vibrant color.
- In a saucepan, combine honey with your mango habanero mixture at medium heat. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until your sauce reaches a prefered consistency.
- Fully coat your cooked wings in the sauce then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 450ºF (230ºC) for 8-10 minutes or until sauce has slightly caramelized.