Spicy Salmon Rolls
Spicy salmon rolls made with canned salmon are a flavorful and convenient way to enjoy “sushi” at home, with a delicious combination of salmon, mayo, and Sriracha. They're sure to impress and satisfy sushi lovers and newcomers alike!
for 4 rolls
Spicy Salmon Rolls
- 4 oz salmon in water (105 g), drained well
- 2 tablespoons kewpie mayonnaise, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 large American slicing cucumber
- 4 nori sheets
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 teaspoons furikake, plus more for garnish
Citrus Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce (60 mL)
- ½ small orange, juiced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon hot honey
- Calories 249
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 19g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 27g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, combine the drained salmon, mayonnaise, Sriracha, and soy sauce and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Peel the cucumber, then use the peeler to slice the cucumber lengthwise into long, thin ribbons, stopping when you reach the seeds. Repeat on all sides.
- Place a nori sheet on top of a sushi mat and cover with the cucumber ribbons. About 2 inches up from the bottom, add 2–3 spoonfuls of the salmon mixture. Top with 2–3 slices of avocado and sprinkle with furikake.
- Roll the nori and mat up from the bottom to encase the filling, squeezing down all along the roll to make it nice and tight. 5. Continue rolling until you reach the end of the nori.
- Transfer the roll to a cutting board. Rub a knife on a damp paper towel before slicing the roll crosswise into six equal pieces. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 4 rolls total.
- Arrange the rolls, cut-side up, on a plate and drizzle with Sriracha and mayonnaise, then sprinkle with furikake.
- Make the citrus soy sauce: Add the soy sauce, orange juice, lemon juice, and honey to a small bowl and mix until smooth. Serve with the spicy salmon rolls.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.