Spicy Southern Hot Corn
Spice up your plain dinner sides with this southern hot corn recipe. It cooks all in one pan for easy cooking and easier cleanup. You can also pair it with chips and eat It as a dip!
for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 oz cream cheese (115 g), cubed
- 3 tablespoons jalapeño, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño brine
- ½ cup red bell pepper (50 g), diced
- ½ cup green bell pepper (50 g), diced
- 2 cans yellow corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (100 g), divided
- 2 tablespoons mexican crema, for garnish
- 2 green onions, sliced, for garnish
- Calories 464
- Fat 35g
- Carbs 22g
- Fiber 15g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Melt the butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the cream cheese and cook until softened and spreadable, about 3 minutes.
- Add the pickled jalapeños, jalapeño brine, and red and green bell peppers. Sauté for 3 minutes, until the peppers are tender.
- Add the corn, paprika, and salt and sauté until fully combined, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in ½ cup (50 G) of cheddar cheese. Spread the corn in an even layer, then sprinkle the remaining ½ cup (50 G) cheddar cheese on top.
- Turn the broiler on. Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil for 10 minutes, or until the cheese on top is golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Let cool for 5 minutes. Top with the Mexican crema and green onions, then serve warm.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.