for 2 servings
- 3 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 stalk scallion, shredded
- 2 slices ginger
- 4 chicken thighs, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- vegetable oil, as needed for frying
- 2 tablespoons szechuan peppercorn
- 5 red chilis, chopped
- 50 dried red chilis, whole
- 4 slices ginger
- 1 stalk scallion, chopped
- ⅓ cup peanuts (40 g)
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- scallion, chopped for garnish
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl, add the chopped chicken. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- In about 1 ½ inch (4 cm) of oil, fry the chicken until browned and crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or a large pan. Add the Szechuan peppercorn and dried red chilies. Fry until fragrant.
- Add the rest of the dried red chilies, ginger, scallion, and peanuts. Fry for a minute.
- Add the fried chicken pieces, sugar, rice wine and sesame oil. Toss to coat.
- Garnish with chopped scallions.
- Nutrition Calories: 2870 Fat: 303 grams Carbs: 29 grams Fiber: 11 grams Sugars: 9 grams Protein: 26 grams
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.