Spinach And Cheese Bread Dumplings
featured in 22 Delicious Dumplings
These delicious dumplings are filled with spinach and Fontina cheese and pan-seared to perfection. Serve with an indulgent and flavorful butter and sage sauce for dipping.
May 04, 2023
75% would make again
for 4 servings
- 1 ½ cups bread crumbs (170 g)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (110 g)
- ½ cup ricotta cheese (125 g)
- 8 oz spinach (225 g), cooked
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 6 oz fontina cheese (175 g), cubed
- flour, for dusting
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- 1 ½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- shredded parmesan cheese, garnish
- Combine breadcrumbs, grated parmesan, ricotta, cooked spinach, olive oil, egg, salt and milk until it forms a dough that sticks together.
- Divide the dough into balls. Take one ball, flatten and place a cube of fontina cheese in the center, wrap the dough around the cheese. Dust with flour and set aside. Repeat with remaining dough balls.
- Cook the bread dumplings in boiling water. They are ready when they float to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the bread dumplings and cook until golden brown on all sides.
- Add butter and sage, toss to coat. Plate the bread dumplings. In the same pan with butter and sage, carefully add the balsamic vinegar and remove from heat.
- Spoon the balsamic butter sage sauce over the bread dumplings.
- Garnish with shredded parmesan and enjoy!
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.