94% would make again
Inspired by cilantroandcitronella.com
for 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 oz spinach (140 g)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 g)
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus ¼ teaspoon, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- vegetable, roasted, for serving
- pesto, for serving
- fresh basil, for serving
- Calories 591
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 110g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the spinach and cook for 5 minutes, or until wilted.
- Add the spinach to a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- While processing the spinach, spoon the flour in a little bit at a time until a crumbly dough forms.
- While continuing to process, add ¼ teaspoon of salt. Then, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until dough comes together (the amount of water necessary will vary depending on how wet the spinach is).
- Remove the dough from the food processor and knead on a floured surface to form into a ball.
- With a rolling pin, roll dough out into an oval, about 18 inches (46 cm) long by 12 inches (30 cm) wide, and ¼-inch (6 mm) thick.
- With a knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into even strips about ½ inch (1 cm) wide.
- Roll the strips into thick noodles.
- Once the water is boiling, add 1 tablespoon of salt and drop in the pasta.
- Cook the pasta for 3-5 minutes, or until the noodles float to the top. Drain.
- Toss with roasted vegetables and pesto and top with basil.