83% would make again
Spooky Chocolate Apple Pops
These spooky chocolate apple pops are perfect for your next Halloween party! They are simple to make (but a little messy) so gather your family and friends and roll up your sleeves!
October 03, 2022
for 8 servings
- 4 sticks chocolate cookie sticks
- 8 mini chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 apples
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate melts (200 g)
- 1 cup jumbo marshmallow (50 g)
- 8 lollipop sticks
- Calories 193
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 33g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 25g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the spiders: Cut each chocolate cookie stick into 8 even pieces. Insert 2 pieces into each side of the mini chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Cut each apple through the top into 4 thick, round slices and remove the seeds. Insert a lollipop stick into the base of each slice.
- Add the chocolate melts to a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Dip the apple pops into the melted chocolate to coat completely, let any excess chocolate drip back into the bowl. Place the apple pops on a silicone mat or parchment paper and refrigerate for 5 minutes, until the chocolate sets.
- Meanwhile, place the marshmallows in a separate microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Let sit for 10–20 seconds, or until cool enough to handle safely.
- Working quickly, pick up a bit of melted marshmallows with your fingertips, spread out to create a “web,” and place over an apple pop, adding more layers of marshmallow web until your desired look is achieved. Repeat with the remaining pops.
- Place a spider on each pop.
- The pops will keep for a few hours at room temperature until ready to serve.