77% would make again
Stars and Stripes S’mores Cups
featured in Wonder Woman Inspired Recipes
for 6 servings
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 oz mini marshmallows (285 g), 1 bag
- 4 cups graham cracker cereal, such as Golden Grahams
- 3 cups marshmallow fluff
- red food coloring
- blue food coloring
- 1 ⅓ cups milk chocolate chips (225 g)
- 1 tablespoon red, white, and blue mixed sprinkles, preferably star-shaped
- red, white, and blue sparkler birthday candle, optional
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the marshmallows, and stir with a silicone spoon until completely melted.
- Add the graham cereal, and stir until evenly coated.
- Decrease the heat to low and leave the pot on the burner to keep the mixture warm.
- Using a 2-ounce ice cream scoop, transfer one scoop of the cereal mixture to a muffin cup. Let stand for 20 seconds to cool enough to handle, then use your fingers to press the ball into the bottom and up the side to mold it to the shape of the cup.
- Repeat with the remaining cereal mixture, working with one scoop at a time, then let all the cereal cups cool to room temperature. You will have about 2 scoops-worth of cereal mixture leftover. Discard or save for another use.
- Divide the marshmallow fluff evenly among 3 small bowls. Stir 1 teaspoon of water into each bowl of fluff. Stir the red food coloring into one bowl, and stir the blue food coloring into a second bowl. The third bowl will be plain white.
- Transfer each bowl of fluff to a small piping bag or plastic zip-top bag.
- Cut the bottoms or corners off each bag and fill 4 cereal cups with each color.
- Place the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and microwave until melted. Transfer the melted chocolate to a small piping bag or plastic zip-top bag.
- Cut the bottom or corner off the bag and drizzle the chocolate in a zigzag pattern over the top of each cup.
- Scatter the sprinkles evenly over each cup then refrigerate the cups to set the fluff filling, at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- Stand a sparkler candle in the center of each cup, if you like, and light on fire just before serving.