84% would make again
Steak And Potato Taco Nachos
featured in Fulfilling Homemade Potato Recipes
for 3 servings
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 lb skirt steak (455 g)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup shredded cheese blend (100 g)
- pico de gallo, for serving
- guacamole, for serving
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- sour cream, for serving
- Calories 738
- Fat 30g
- Carbs 58g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 56g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 300˚F (150˚C).
- In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon of salt, the pepper, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, and cumin.
- Slice the potatoes on a mandolin or with a sharp knife into ¹⁄₁₆-inch (1 mm) thick slices.
- Transfer the potato slices to a large bowl and cover with water. Toss the potato slices around to remove excess starch, then drain the water.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 teaspoons of salt onto the potato slices and toss, then drain any excess water.
- Sprinkle half the spice mixture over the potatoes and toss until well-coated.
- Invert a muffin tin and place the potato slices in between the muffin tin walls to create taco shapes. If you have one, use a second muffin tin for the remaining potato slices, or repeat when finished baking the first batch.
- Bake the potato slices for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Season the skirt steak with the remaining spice mix on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add the skirt steak and cook for 3 minutes on each side until it is seared with a golden brown crust.
- Remove the steak from the pan and let rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes. Once rested, cut the steak into ½-inch (1 cm) cubes.
- Sprinkle the cheese blend and steak into the potato taco shells.
- Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with pico de gallo, guacamole, and sour cream.
- Garnish with chopped chives, if desired.