for 4 servings
- 1 new york strip steak, 10-12 ounce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 stick unsalted butter, or olive oil, heated to 150°F (65°C)
- 2 english muffins, split and lightly toasted
- 1 cup arugula (40 g)
- flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Calories 328
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 14g
- Fiber 19g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 23g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Make the steak: Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Season the steak on both sides with kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat until it shimmers. Sear the steak for 2 minutes on each side, then transfer skillet with the steak to the oven and cook for 6–10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 135°F (57°C). Remove the steak from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs: Fill a 12-inch high-walled skillet with 2 inches of water and add the white vinegar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When bubbles start to break the surface of the water, crack one egg at a time into a small bowl, then gently drop into the water at the center of the pan. Cook the eggs for 3–4 minutes, or until the yolks are still runny, but the whites are set. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Make the hollandaise sauce: Add the egg yolks, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and paprika to a blender. Blend on medium-high speed for 10 seconds, until combined. With the blender running, slowly drizzle in the hot melted butter until emulsified, about 2 minutes.
- To assemble, slice the steak against the grain into ¼–½-inch-thick slices. Divide the steak slices between the halved English muffins. Top each with ¼ cup of arugula, a poached egg, a generous spoonful of the hollandaise sauce, and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
- Serve immediately.