99% would make again
Steak Fajita Quesadillas
featured in 7 Loaded Cheesy Quesadillas
for 4 servings
- 1 lb skirt steak (455 g)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large tortillas
- 2 cups mexican blend cheese (200 g)
- sour cream
- Calories 732
- Fat 40g
- Carbs 40g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 50g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Season skirt steak with olive oil, salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin.
- Cook on high heat for roughly 3 minutes each side, for medium-rare.
- Let the steak rest for 10 minutes.
- While the steak is resting, sauté onion and garlic until slightly translucent. Add bell peppers, jalapeño, salt, and pepper, cook slightly.
- Slice the steak into strips.
- Mix the steak into the pepper mix. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a clean pan, melt butter. Lay the tortilla on the buttered pan, add cheese, fajita mixture, more cheese, then top with another tortilla and pat it down.
- Flip the quesadilla over and cook the other side until it’s golden.
- Remove from pan and cut into quarters or eighths. Repeat these steps with the remaining tortillas.
- Serve immediately with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.