Steak Sandwich Kabobs
Fire up the grill for these mouthwatering Steak Sandwich Kabobs! Skewer your way to a fun and flavorful meal that's perfect for your next cookout.
May 05, 2023
for 6 kabobs
- water, for soaking
Creamy Peppercorn Dijon Mustard Sauce
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white wine (60 mL)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ¼ cup heavy cream (60 mL)
- 1 ½ tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 1 ½ lb sirloin steak (680 g), cut into 1 1/2 in (3 cm) cubes
- 1 ½ tablespoons McCormick® Grill Mates Roasted Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2 in (3 cm)
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2 in (3 cm)
- ½ medium red onion, cut into 1 1/2 (3 cm)
- 1 ½ cups small mushroom caps (225 g), stems removed
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup shredded white cheddar cheese (80 g)
- 6 wooden skewers
- Calories 291
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 5g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 17g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Arrange the skewers in a shallow baking dish. Cover with water and let soak for 20 minutes.
- Make the creamy peppercorn Dijon mustard sauce: In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant and tender, about 1 minute. Deglaze the pot with the white wine, then whisk in the mustard, heavy cream, black pepper, lemon juice, and butter until smooth. Cook for 3–5 minutes, until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Cover to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Make the kabobs: Preheat the grill to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl, toss the steak with the McCormick® Grill Mates Roasted Garlic and Herb Seasoning until well coated.
- Thread the steak pieces onto the skewers, alternating with the vegetables, so that each skewer has an assortment of steak and vegetables on it. Make sure to leave 2–3 inches of exposed skewer at the bottom of each. Drizzle the olive oil over the kabobs.
- Arrange the kabobs on the grill and grill for 3 minutes per side, until the vegetables are slightly tender and blistered, and the steak is cooked through.
- Transfer the kabobs to a sheet of aluminum foil or baking sheet and sprinkle the cheese on top. Let the cheese melt from the residual heat, about 1 minute.
- Arrange the kabobs on a serving platter. Serve warm with the mustard sauce alongside.