Steak Tacos & Next Day Grain Bowl
Get two meals in one with these steak tacos loaded with bell peppers, onions, and all of your favorite toppings. Then, transform the leftover meat into a crave-worthy grain bowl that's loaded with hearty black beans and quinoa for a perfectly satisfying lunch or dinner.
for 4 servings
- 1 ½ lb flank steak (680 g)
- 1 McCormick® Taco Seasoning Mix packet
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into 1/4-inch (6-millimeter) strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, cut into 1/4-inch (6-millimeter) strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, cut into 1/4-inch (6-millimeter) strips
- kosher salt, to taste
- 4 flour tortillas, fajita-size
- shredded cheese, to taste
- salsa, to taste
- sliced avocado, to taste
NEXT DAY GRAIN BOWL
- 1 cup leftover fajita meat and vegetables (225 g)
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (510 g)
- 15 oz black beans (425 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup shredded mexican cheese blend (25 g)
- ¼ cup salsa (65 g)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- minced fresh cilantro, to taste
- Calories 1082
- Fat 29g
- Carbs 140g
- Fiber 22g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 63g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the tacos: Slice the steak into ¼-inch (6-millimeter) thick strips.
- Add the steak to a medium bowl with the taco seasoning and toss to coat. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat a large 12-inch (30-centimeter) cast iron skillet over high heat. When the pan is hot, add the oil. Working in batches, cook the steak for about 2 minutes per side, or until the meat is browned and just cooked through. Remove from the pan and repeat with rest of meat.
- To the same pan, add the onions and bell peppers, then reduce the heat to medium. Cook the vegetables until tender. Season with salt, then add the meat back to the pan and toss with the vegetables.
- Serve the fajitas in the pan with tortillas, shredded cheese, salsa, and avocado alongside.
- Make the next-day grain bowl: Reheat the leftover fajitas in a medium pan over medium-high heat until warmed through.
- Divide the cooked quinoa between 2 bowls. Top with the fajitas, black beans, shredded cheese, avocado, and cilantro.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here