92% would make again
Strawberries And Cream Cake In A Jar
featured in Make Ahead Cake in a Jar
This sweet and fruity dessert is made with layers of moist vanilla cake, whipped cream, and fresh strawberries for a light and refreshing treat that's perfect for spring and summer.
May 05, 2023
for 1 serving
- 2 tablespoons angel food cake mix
- 2 tablespoons yellow cake mix
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried strawberry, plus more for serving, optional
- 2 tablespoons water, plus 1 teaspoon
- whipped cream, for serving, optional
- 8 oz jar (225 g), microwave and oven safe
- 1 cupcake liner
- Calories 161
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 36g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 22g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the angel food cake mix and yellow cake mix to a jar. Place a cupcake liner over the cake mix and add the freeze-dried strawberries. Cover with the lid.
- Store in the pantry for up to 3 months.
- When ready to eat, remove the lid and cupcake liner with the strawberries from the jar. Pour the water into the dry cake mix. Mix thoroughly, making sure to scrape the dry mix from the bottom of the jar.
- Microwave for 20 seconds.
- Pour the freeze-dried strawberries into the jar and gently stir to distribute throughout, being careful not to push all of the strawberries to the bottom.
- Microwave for another 40 seconds, until cooked through.
- Top with whipped cream and freeze-dried strawberries, if desired.
- Serve immediately.