75% would make again
Strawberries & Cream French Toast Bake
featured in Top Breakfasts of 2020!
for 12 servings
- 10 slices bread, preferably stale
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g), softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup strawberry (200 g), sliced
- whipped cream, optional
- Calories 140
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 6g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Slice bread into bite-sized pieces.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Whisk the egg mixture into the cream cheese mixture, and add the strawberries.
- Spread the bread evenly along the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch (23x33 cm) glass baking dish then pour the mixture over the bread.
- Bake 45 minutes or until bread is getting slightly crunchy and golden brown on top and edges. Top with whipped cream if desired.