77% would make again
Strawberry and Champagne Cupcakes
featured in 5 Cupcakes To Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
for 12 cupcakes
- 1 ⅓ cups coconut cream (400 g)
- 4 cups icing sugar (500 g)
- 1 cup coconut oil (200 g), melted
- 1 cup maple syrup (200 mL)
- ⅔ cup almond milk (150 mL)
- 1 ⅓ cups flour (170 g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Strawberry Champagne Syrup
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- ½ cup water (100 mL)
- 1 ½ cups strawberry (300 g)
- ½ cup champagne (100 mL), vegan-friendly, or sparkling wine
- Calories 537
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 78g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 74g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Prepare the coconut cream by whipping the coconut cream and icing sugar together, until you form soft peaks.
- Leave to chill in the fridge until set, for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C (350˚F) and line a cupcake tray with 12 cases.
- Make the cupcakes by mixing the coconut oil, maple syrup, and almond milk together.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Spoon into the cupcake cases.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and springy to the touch.
- While the cakes are baking, make the strawberry champagne syrup by bringing the sugar, water, strawberries, and champagne to the boil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat.
- Simmer until the syrup is slightly thicker and has changed colour to a deep red. Set aside.
- Take the cakes out of the oven and leave to cool slightly for a couple of minutes.
- Poke several holes in each one and pour about 2 teaspoons of the strawberry champagne syrup on top, so that it seeps into the holes and is glistening on top.
- Spoon the coconut cream on top and garnish with a strawberry.