Strawberry Cream Cheese-filled Banana Bread
Say hello to your new favorite breakfast: strawberry cream cheese-filled banana bread! Sweet, moist, and bursting with fruity flavor, it's like having dessert for breakfast.
for 12 servings
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 oz light cream cheese (115 g), also called Neufchatel, room temperature
- ½ cup strawberry (75 g), diced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup 2% plain greek yogurt (95 g)
- ½ cup honey (170 g)
- 1 ½ cups wheat flour (175 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Calories 195
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 36g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 22g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon of honey, and strawberries until smooth.
- Microwave the cream cheese mixture in 30 second intervals for a total of 5 minutes, stirring between each interval. This helps cook out the moisture so that the mixture doesn’t create a large pocket of steam in the bread.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the eggs and mix until well combined and frothy.
- Add the Greek yogurt and honey, and mix until incorporated.
- Sprinkle in the whole wheat flour, baking soda, and baking powder, and fold the batter together with a spatula.
- Pour ¾ of the banana bread batter into a greased loaf pan, smoothing it into an even layer with the spatula.
- Pour in the cream cheese filling, making sure to keep it away from the edge of the pan.
- Pour the remaining banana bread batter over the cream cheese filling and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, until the top springs back when lightly touched.
- Let the pan cool for 15 minute before removing the loaf from the pan.
- Allow the bread to cool at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here