Strawberry Lemonade Bars
Tangy, sweet, and oh-so-refreshing, these bars are a burst of sunshine in every bite! With a zesty strawberry lemonade filling and a buttery crust, these bars are the perfect balance of tart and sweet. Topped with a dusting of powdered sugar, they're a delightful treat that's perfect for picnics, potlucks, or just enjoying on a lazy afternoon.
for 24 bars
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour (220 g), plus 3 tablespoons, divided
- ¼ cup cornstarch (30 g)
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar (80 g), plus more for dusting
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut into small cubes
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 ⅓ cups granulated sugar (265 g)
- 1 ⅓ cups ripe strawberries (200 g)
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- ⅔ cup fresh lemon juice (160 mL)
- ⅓ cup milk (80 mL)
- Calories 161
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 18g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9x13 inch (22 x 33 cm) baking dish with parchment paper and coat with a non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 ¾ cups of flour, the cornstarch, powdered sugar, salt, and butter. Using two forks, mash butter into the dry ingredients until it is fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and pack it down firmly against the bottom and about ½ inch (1 ¼ cm) up the sides. Refrigerate the crust for 30 minutes,
- Bake the crust for 20-25 minutes, or until it develops a light golden brown color. Remove from the oven and let cool while you prepare the filling. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F (160°C).
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs, granulated sugar, and remaining 3 tablespoons of flour.
- In a blender, combine strawberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, and milk and blend until well-combined.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into the egg mixture and whisk well. Pour the filling over the partially baked crust and immediately put the pan into the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the filling doesn't jiggle when you shake the pan (times and temperatures may vary). Remove from the oven and let cool for 30-45 minutes.
- Use the parchment to lift the bars from the pan. Cut into 24 squares and dust with powdered sugar.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.