for 24 bars
- 1 ¾ cups flour (220 g)
- ¼ cup cornstarch (30 g)
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar (80 g)
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 16 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small cubes
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 ⅓ cups sugar (265 g)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 ⅓ cups strawberry (200 g)
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- ⅔ cup fresh lemon juice (160 mL)
- ⅓ cup milk (80 mL)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Calories 167
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 20g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, powdered sugar, salt, and cold cubed butter.
- Using two forks, mash butter into the dry ingredients until it is fully incorporated.
- Line a 9x13 inch (22 x 33 cm) baking dish with parchment paper and coat with a non-stick spray. Pour the mixture into the pan and pack it down firmly, allowing for some to come about ½ inch (1 ¼ cm) up the sides of the pan.
- Refrigerate the crust for 30 minutes, then bake for 20-25 minutes or until it develops a light golden brown color.
- Allow the crust to cool while you prepare the filling & reduce the oven temperature to 325˚F (160˚C).
- In another large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, and flour. In a blender, blend strawberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, and milk until well combined.
- Pour the blended mixture into the egg mixture and stir well. Pour the filling over the partially baked crust and immediately put the pan into the oven.
- Bake at 325˚F (160˚C) for 45 minutes, or until it doesn't jiggle when you shake the pan (times and temperatures may vary). Allow to cool for 30-45 minutes and remove from pan. Cut into 24 even squares & sprinkle with powdered sugar.