98% would make again
Strawberry Peach Sangria
featured in Ideal Recipes For Cancerians
for 8 servings
- 15 strawberries
- 2 peaches
- 2 cups water (470 mL)
- 1 ½ cups sugar (300 g)
- 1 bottle white wine, chilled
- ¾ cup rum (175 mL)
- 1 bottle champagne, or sparkling white wine, chilled
- ice cube, to chill
- 10 strawberries, extra for serving, sliced
- 2 peaches, extra for serving, sliced
- Calories 268
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 37g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 31g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Discard the green tops of the strawberries and slice the peaches.
- In a saucepan, dissolve sugar in water.
- Add the strawberries and peaches.
- Bring to a rolling boil and reduce to medium heat. Boil for approximately 15 minutes, or until the strawberries become pale and the peaches are soft.
- Strain the syrup and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until cooled. Discard boiled fruit.
- In a pitcher, combine the cooled syrup, sliced extra fruit, white wine, and rum.
- Chill for 2-4 hours.
- Scoop fruit into glasses with ice, pour sangria, and top with champagne or sparkling wine.