Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
featured in 3 Seasonal Recipes To Try In May
This classic pie is a perfect combination of sweet and tart. The strawberries and rhubarb create a delicious and juicy filling, while the flaky crust adds the perfect finishing touch.
May 04, 2023
96% would make again
for 6 servings
- 3 cups rhubarb (300 g), chopped
- 3 cups strawberry (450 g), quartered
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- ¼ cup cornstarch (30 g)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 package pie dough
- whipped cream, to garnish
- Calories 502
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 66g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 29g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, toss the strawberries and rhubarb with the sugar, salt, and cornstarch. Set to the side.
- Line a pie tin with the pie dough.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Empty rhubarb and strawberry mixture into the pie tin, evenly distributing the mixture.
- Cut pie dough into strips and weave a lattice design on top of the pie. (You can also top with more pie dough in a full sheet with slits.)
- Bake the pie until the filling is bubbling and the crust is golden brown, about 2 hours. Cover the edge of the pie with foil if it begins to darken.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.