Stuffed Butternut Squash
featured in Squash Meals
This Stuffed Butternut Squash is a vegetarian dish that's bursting with flavor. It's packed with veggies, grains, and nuts, making it a healthy and satisfying meal that's ideal for fall.
May 04, 2023
for 6 servings
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ cup rice (100 g)
- 1 cup vegetable stock (240 mL)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ cup black beans (70 g)
- ¼ cup corn (75 g)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro (20 g)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 135
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 23g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut butternut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- Drizzle halves with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake squash for 45-50 minutes until soft enough to scoop, but not completely cooked. Set aside to let cool.
- In a pot or sauté pan over medium heat, add one tablespoon olive oil. Then add rice and vegetable stock. Cover the lid and cook it for few minutes until the rice is soft.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, black beans, corn, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, and salt and mix well until the spices are fragrant.
- Scoop out insides of squash leaving a 1-inch (2 cm) border around the edge. and add it to the rice mixture. Then add cheddar cheese.
- Now, scoop rice mixture into squash halves until full. Sprinkle more cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake 400 °F (200 °C) for 40 minutes.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.