Stuffed Collard Greens Rolls
Get ready to roll with these scrumptious Stuffed Collard Greens Rolls! Packed with a savory blend of rice, ground beef, and spices, these rolls are a delightful twist on a classic dish.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 12 rolls
- 2 bunches collard green, large leaves preffered
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth (360 mL)
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden™ Jalapeño Stir-In Paste
- 1 cup jasmine rice (200 g), rinsed well
- 4 strips bacon
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded chicken (400 g)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Calories 169
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 12g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 15g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Prepare an ice bath in a large bowl and set nearby.
- While the water comes to a boil, prepare the collard greens. Working 1 leaf at a time, cut out the stem, stopping halfway up the leaf so that the whole leaf stays intact.
- Blanch the greens in the boiling water for 2 minutes, then plunge the leaves in the ice bath to stop the cooking. Drain and lightly squeeze out any excess water. Pat the leaves dry with paper towels.
- In a large high-walled skillet, whisk together the chicken broth and Gourmet Garden™ Jalapeño Stir-in Paste. Add the rice, cover, and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10–14 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Fluff the rice with a fork, then transfer to a medium bowl. Wipe out the pan.
- Add bacon strips to the same pan over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes, until browned. Flip and cook on the other side for 3 minutes more, until brown and crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan, leaving any rendered fat behind, and drain on paper towels. Once cool enough to handle, chop the bacon.
- Add the onion, paprika, and garlic powder, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 8–10 minutes, until softened and golden brown. Add the rice, chopped bacon, chicken, salt, and apple cider vinegar. Stir well, then cook for 5 minutes, until heated through. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Lay a collard green on a cutting board, overlapping the two sides in the center to remove the gap where the stem was. Scoop a heaping ¼ cup of the rice mixture just above the bottom of the leaf. Fold the bottom over the filling, fold in the sides, then roll up tightly, tucking in the sides of the leaf as you go. Repeat with the remaining filling and collard greens.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.