Stuffed Hash Brown Omelette
featured in 6 Recipes Every Hash Brown Lover Must Try
With a crisp exterior and savory cheesy interior this hash brown omelette is a filling and delicious breakfast! Whip this up for a weekend brunch when you want to impress.
May 04, 2023
95% would make again
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 1 serving
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ½ red pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 cups spinach (80 g)
- 1 ½ cups frozen hash brown (215 g)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (50 g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- chipotle sour cream, optional for garnish
- scallion, chopped, optional for garnish
- Take your hash browns out of the freezer to allow them to begin to thaw.
- In an eight-inch nonstick pan, melt one Tbsp. of butter on medium heat and add onions, occasionally stirring. Allow to cook until they have softened and begin to brown. Add the peppers, stir, and salt to taste. Cook until they begin to soften.
- Add the spinach and allow it to wilt for a couple of minutes. Transfer this filling to a bowl.
- Put your pan back on the heat and add one Tbsp. of butter, melting on medium heat. Add your hash browns and season with salt and pepper to taste, stirring until the butter and seasoning are evenly distributed.
- Arrange the potatoes in a flat even layer. Sprinkle cheese evenly on top and allow it to melt. Then, sprinkle the filling evenly on top. When the bottom of the hash browns has crisped up and browned, your hash brown omelette is ready.
- Shake the pan to make sure it’s not sticking to the bottom, then bring it over to your plate and carefully tilt the pan, using the edge to help fold it over in half.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy! (We used chopped scallions and a chipotle sour cream.)
- For the chipotle sour cream:
- Combine ½ (115 G) cup sour cream or crema, one Tbsp. chipotle in adobo (finely chopped), a pinch of salt, and a splash of water to thin it out.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.