89% would make again
Sugar Cookie “Pizza”
featured in Snacks For Your Kids' Next Playdate
This Sugar Cookie Pizza is a sweet and playful dessert that's perfect for sharing with friends and family. Soft and chewy sugar cookie crust is topped with a creamy chocolate hazelnut spread and a colorful array of fresh fruit, making it as delicious as it is beautiful.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- ½ cup unsalted butter (115 g), 1 stick, softened
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (185 g)
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 oz cream cheese (170 g), room temperature
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar (40 g)
- ⅓ cup chocolate hazelnut spread (95 g)
- 1 cup fresh berries (175 g)
- peanut butter
- mini pretzel
- ½ cup fruit cereal (25 g)
- mini marshmallow
- graham cracker, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chunk (175 g)
- Calories 499
- Fat 28g
- Carbs 55g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 36g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Line a 10-inch (25-cm) cast iron pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter with 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add the granulated sugar, then the brown sugar, and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the egg and stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Using a fine mesh sieve, sift the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt into the dough. Combine with a spatula until evenly mixed.
- Spread the cookie dough in an even layer in the prepared pan. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes, then bake for 15-18 minutes until lightly golden. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and remaining ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract until well incorporated.
- Spread half of the frosting onto a quarter of the cooled cookie and the other half on the diagonally opposite corner.
- Frost the other quarters with the chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Decorate with your favorite toppings.