Sugar-Glazed Apple Tart
Indulge in this elegant Sugar-Glazed Apple Tart that's sure to impress your guests. With its beautifully arranged apple slices and golden sugar glaze, this dessert is a true masterpiece for your taste buds.
for 8 servings
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour (83 g)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 3 equal pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water, ice-cold
- 2 apples, cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons sugar, topping
- 3 tablespoons butter, topping, cut into small cubes
- Calories 201
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 25g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- For the dough, put the flour, butter, oil, sugar, and salt in a food processor and process for about 10 seconds.
- Add the Tablespoon of ice water and process for another five or six seconds.
- Remove from the bowl and form into a flat dough. Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and then refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll the ball of dough into a thin layer, around ¼ inch (6 ⅓ mm) thick.
- Using a round cutter, or use a round bowl or lid as a guide and cut out into a nice round circle. Carefully transfer the dough to a large cookie sheet lined with a nonstick baking mat.
- Arrange the apple slices, alternating them nicely on top of the dough. Sprinkle the apple with sugar and put butter cubes on top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the fruit is soft and the dough nicely browned.
- Some of the juice from the fruit will have leaked out onto the cookie sheet. Before it hardens and makes the disks stick to the sheet, lift the tart with a broad spatula and transfer them to a cooling rack or platter.
- Serve lukewarm or at room temperature with ice cream (optional).
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.