95% would make again
Sugar Spice Pear Galette
featured in Tasty Holiday Sides & Desserts
Inspired by buzzandbloomhoney.com
for 6 servings
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 g)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 medium bosc pears
- 1 premade pie crust
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon coarse brown sugar, for sprinkling
- ice cream, for serving
- Calories 294
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 50g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 31g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- On a cutting board, cut the pears lengthwise in 2 halves, removing the cores. Slice into ¹⁄₁₆-inch (1 mm) thick slices. Slice all the way through, but keep the pear halves together.
- Lay the pie crust on the prepared baking sheet and arrange the pear halves on top, separating the slices to cover the center of the crust, leaving a 1-inch (2 cm) border around the edge.
- Sprinkle the sugar spice mix over and between the pear slices.
- Fold the edge of the crust over the pears.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl, then brush over the crust. Sprinkle coarse sugar on top of the egg wash.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.