This simple panzanella salad let’s summer’s best flavors shine. Serve at your next backyard barbecue or poolside potluck--it’s sure to be a hit!
June 16, 2019
94% would make again
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 5 cups country bread (175 g), cubed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (60 mL), plus 3 tablespoons, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar (60 mL)
- 2 cups corn kernels (350 g)
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- ½ lb fresh mozzarella cheese (225 g), torn into pieces
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves (40 g)
- Calories 686
- Fat 30g
- Carbs 77g
- Fiber 31g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 26g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Add the bread cubes to a medium bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper until well coated.
- Spread the bread cubes in an even layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the shallot, garlic, mustard, vinegar, remaining teaspoon of pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt. Slowly drizzle in ¼ cup olive oil, whisking constantly, until the dressing is emulsified. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the corn and cook, stirring, until charred in spots, about 5 minutes. Season with the remaining ½ teaspoon salt.
- Transfer the corn to a large bowl and add the toasted bread cubes, tomatoes, mozzarella, and dressing. Toss well. Add the basil and toss again to incorporate.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.