98% would make again
Summer Potato Salad
featured in 10 Power Salads For A Healthy Lifestyle
Inspired by cookscountry.com
for 6 servings
- 2 lb small red potato (905 g), scrubbed and halved
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 ears corn
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice, divided
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise (240 g), or regular
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup celery (110 g), diced
- ⅓ cup dill pickle (45 g), coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup red onion (35 g), chopped
- ⅓ cup green onion (50 g), chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped, for garnish
- Calories 447
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 47g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover by 2 inches (5 cm). Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, uncover, add the salt and corn, and reduce the heat to medium. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes and the corn are tender. Drain.
- Add the potatoes to a large bowl. Combine 2 tablespoons of pickle juice with the mustard and pour it over the still-warm potatoes. Toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to an hour.
- Dice the red bell pepper, removing the ribs and seeds.
- Set a medium bowl upside down in a large bowl and stand a corn cob on the inverted bowl. Cut the corn kernels from the cobs, letting them fall into the larger bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, remaining tablespoon of pickle juice, paprika, salt, and pepper and stir until smooth.
- Add the bell pepper, corn, celery, pickles, red onion, green onions, and dill to the bowl with the potatoes. Pour the sauce over and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the potato salad with chopped chives, for garnish.