Summer Potato Salad
This refreshing and flavorful potato salad is the perfect addition to any summer meal. The creamy dressing is packed with fresh herbs and tangy mustard, and the tender potatoes are mixed with chopped vegetables for freshness and crunch.
for 6 servings
- 2 lb small red potatoes (905 g), scrubbed and halved
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus 1 1/2 teaspoons, divided
- 2 ears corn
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice, divided
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise (240 g), or regular
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup diced celery (110 g)
- ⅓ cup coarsely chopped dill pickles (45 g)
- ¼ cup chopped red onion (35 g)
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions (50 g)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Calories 445
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 46g
- Fiber 29g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover by 2 inches (5 cm). Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, uncover, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the corn, and reduce the heat to medium. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes and the corn are tender. Drain.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl. Combine 2 tablespoons of pickle juice with the mustard and pour it over the still-warm potatoes. Toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 60 minutes.
- Dice the red bell pepper, removing the ribs and seeds.
- Set a medium bowl upside down in a large bowl and stand a corn cob on the inverted bowl. Cut the corn kernels from the cobs, letting them fall into the larger bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, remaining tablespoon of pickle juice, paprika, remaining 1 ½ teaspoons of salt, and the black pepper and stir until smooth.
- Add the bell pepper, corn, celery, pickles, red onion, green onions, and dill to the bowl with the potatoes. Pour the sauce over and toss to coat.
- Garnish the potato salad with chopped chives, then serve
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.