84% would make again
Summer Squash Pasta With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
featured in Spiralizer Meals 4 Ways
June 10, 2019
for 4 servings
- 2 red bell peppers
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large yellow squash
- 2 large zucchinis
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- red pepper flake, to taste
- 1 ½ cups milk (355 mL)
- 1 bunch fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Calories 103
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 15g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat oven to 500°F (260°C).
- Spiralize the yellow squash and zucchinis into a large bowl.
- Bring a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Sauté shallots and garlic until golden brown and soft, about 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and stir. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Quarter and deseed the red bell peppers and arrange onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Roast the red peppers until black and charred bits appear, about 25-30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the red peppers from the oven and remove the charred black bits.
- Transfer the roasted peppers to a blender and add salt, pepper, cornstarch, red pepper flakes, sautéed shallot and garlic, and milk. Blend on high speed until creamy. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Pour the pepper sauce in the skillet to thicken and simmer, about 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and continue simmering.
- Add the spiralized veggies and stir to coat, cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Add basil and stir, 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with red pepper flakes and basil.