Sunflower Veggie Burgers
featured in Veggie Burgers 4 Ways
These vegetarian burgers are made with sunflower seeds, brown rice, and veggies, making them a protein-packed and nutritious option for lunch or dinner.
May 04, 2023
82% would make again
for 5 servings
- 1 cup sunflower seed (140 g)
- ¼ cup yellow onion (40 g), finely chopped
- 1 cup brown rice (190 g), cooked
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup carrot (130 g), chopped
- ½ cup celery (120 g), chopped
- Calories 171
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 17g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- In the bowl of a food processor, add sunflower seeds. Process until finely ground.
- Add onion, brown rice, thyme, salt, and water and process until combined.
- Add carrot and celery and pulse several times to combine.
- Using a ½ cup (120 ml) measuring cup, portion 5 patties from the mixture. Place onto a lightly greased parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until firm and browned, flipping over halfway through.
- Serve burgers with your favorite fixins.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.